Dr. Sherrill Fay
DIPLOMATE OF THE AMERICAN BOARD OF ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
Dr. Fay completed four years of surgical residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
During residency, Dr. Fay received extensive training in dental extractions, orthodontic surgical procedures, orthognathic surgery, complex maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, placement of dental implants, surgical management of sleep apnea, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) surgery, anesthesia, maxillofacial pathology, and pre-prosthetic surgery including bone grafting.
She then attended Jefferson Medical College, and upon graduation earned an MD degree. This was followed by an internship in general surgery, also at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Dr. Fay has participated in several surgical missions to Vietnam and Honduras for Operation Smile where she both provided treatment to patients, as well as, took part in a lecture series given to Vietnamese dentists and surgeons.
Dr. Fay is a board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is a member of multiple professional organizations, including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow in Anesthesiology of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Society
- New York County Dental Society